By Contributor: Samannita
It is needless to say how happy I am because I finally when I laid my hands on this very popular NAKED original palette by Urban Decay. I mean it’s a dream of every make lover to have this UD in their vanity and I consider myself as the lucky one who finally got the ultimate neutral eyeshadows in her kitty..UDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!! Okay I know I am going mad so before I irritate you let’s do the review and swatch. Later I will show you my Naked 2 and 3 and compare them all together to help you decide.
Urban Decay Claims: Everybody wants to look good NAKED! Far from a group of boring beige shadows, Naked Palette’s long, lean, seductive case is packed with TWELVE gorgeous bronze-hued neutrals, and includes our pro-quality Good Karma Shadow Brush. You can look great NAKED! This long, lean, seductive case is packed with TWELVE gorgeous neutrals. Shades range from delicate champagnes to dark, gritty gunmetal, with names like Darkhorse, Virgin and Buck. We’ve also included a range of textures: everything from glitter to shimmer to matte.
The chocolaty velvet case is emblazoned with the word ‘NAKED’ in gold foil lettering. (Just wait ’til your friends see you pull this sexy thing out of your bag. Jealous!) The mirrored case also includes a professional quality, cruelty-free Good Karma Eye shadow Brush, AND a travel-size Eye shadow Primer Potion in original formula. This is a shadow palette EVERYONE can use, and a truly spectacular gift. Experiment with office-appropriate neutrals, summertime bronzy looks, or sultry smokiness. With such a diversity of neutral shades at your fingertips, there’s more to neutral than meets the eye.
Okay who doesn’t love neutrals? Neutrals eye shadows are just best for daily purpose as well as for party if you can wisely and correctly use the shades. And when we talk about neutrals I guess UD is the ultimate mother of all nude palettes and whether we have UD or not but we always tend to compare all the nude palettes with the UD Naked to show its quality.
The palette comes in 12 universal flattering neutrals from shimmery beige to smoky black. Needless to say it has awesome pigmentation. And the staying power is superb. I didn’t count the hours but it lasts really long. From shimmery to matte the palette have everything that one needs.
NAKED comes in a very simple transparent cardboard box in which the palette is hold by a light weight purple velvet case along with a small bottle of eye shadow primer portion..doesn’t it look Egyptian? Hahaha kidding! The palette contains an eyeshadow brush which is so soft that I can easily compared it with my RT eye shadow kit and the packaging of the palette overall is very classy specially the name printed in golden letters. The palette is provided with a small mirror which I think is enough for touchups. The palette is sleek and so easy to carry. The case itself is sturdy with magnetic lid that holds the upper lid of the palette intact with lower lid unless it is forced to open it.
It contains following shades:
- Virgin: A light shimmery beige
- Sin: A frosty light champagne pink
- Naked: A soft matte brown
- Sidecar: A shimmery and slightly glittery golden bronze
- Buck: A dark matte brown
- Half Baked: A yellowish gold with metallic shimmer
- Smog: A beautiful greenish bronze with shimmer.
- Darkhorse: A bronze brown with green shimmer.
- Toasted: A champagne-pink brown with shimmer.
- Hustle: A dark plummy brown with flecks of purple.
- Creep: A black with gold and silver shimmer.
- Gunmetal: A black base with blue-gray frost and silver shimmer.
My EOTD with it
I don’t want to stop talking about this palette but I know I have to end the post before you bang on my head so let’s talk about the good and bad points. Who wants to know that..but still part of review you see!
Here is how it looks on me
Good things about Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette:
- Nice packaging.
- Has mirror and a brush that is perfect for touchups.
- The palette contains all the neutrals that one can need.
- Superb pigmentation.
- Staying power is also good.
- Sturdy case.
- Travel friendly palette.
Now the bad thing about Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette:
- One and only..you know I want to shout on the UD guys because the availability is the biggest con in India. They don’t ship to us and its not available at Sephora or any other store.
- May be pricey for a few people but good things always come at good prices only.
Availability: UD doesn’t ship to India. I personally bought mine from a Facebook group called Ordermakeup UK which is sadly now closed.
VNA Rating: 5/5
Dupe: MUA Undressed Palette
My recommendation: Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette is great! Who am I to judge it! Now I have Naked and other palettes from different brands and they all pale in comparison to it. If you have this then you don’t need any other neutral eyeshadow. If you get a chance to grab it then don’t think twice and get that on top of the world type feeling!
- MUA Undress Me Too Palette Swatches, Review
- MUA 12 Shade Dusk Til Dawn Palette Swatches, Review
- MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette Swatches, Review
- Mac Plum Dressing Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review
- Bourjois Paris Intense Extrait Eyeshadows 05 and 08 Swatches, Review