By Contributor: Tejinder Kaur
All the UK Beauty bloggers rave about this pressed powder. I couldn’t resist the hype and bought it last month and now use it almost everyday! Its been a month now and I am ready to review it.
Rimmel London claims: Control shine for up to five hours with this matte finish powder by Rimmel. Up to 5 hours natural shine control with natural minerals. Helps minimise the appearance of pores. Dermatologically tested. Available in 6 shades.
I bought the shade silky beige which perfectly matched my skin. I don’t need to tell you how important it is to choose a colour that matches your skin perfectly unless you want to look cakey. It is a compact which leaves you with a flawless face. Its very light weight
Oil Control: It would work great on oily skin as it controls oil for some 3-4 hours but for dry skin using a moisturizer before is a must. Mine is normal skin so stays on longer. It won’t clog your pores or break you out. It has got a mild fragrance and I quite like it. It sucks up all the oil on your face and gives a matte look. It also minimizes the pores. I don’t mind saying that this is my HG pressed powder.
Texture: It is powdery but feels like silk. Never looks cakey.
Packaging: Packaging is very simple. It comes in a round pan with a transparent lid. The lid is not sturdy as there is no locking mechanism. So its not travel friendly. No puff provided so you need a fluffy powder brush to get the right amount of product to apply.
- Its smooth and soft in texture.
- It does stay on for a long time. On my oily skin, it stays for 5-6 hours.
- It blends well with my skin and never looks patchy or cakey.
- It control shine and gives a matte look.
- It is very light weight.
- Parabens free
- Good for oily and combination skin girls.
- The coverage is medium which is good for a compact.
- Minimizes pores.
- It doesn’t break out or irritate my skin.
- Contains natural minerals. I love mineral makeup!
- Gives a flawless look.
- Does brighten and freshen up the skin.
- It doesn’t come with a sponge or a brush. Also no mirror is provided.
- Packaging is not travel friendly.
- Moisturizer is must for dry skin girl or it will accentuate dry patches.
Availability: Boots/Amazon UK/Ebay
VNA Rating: 5/5
Final Verdict: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Pwder is one of the dream product I have ever used. I adore the finish since it gives a healthy matte look and keeps my face oil free for such a long time. It never breaks me out or cause any irritation. So I highly recommend this! It does a great job of setting base makeup and controlling oil with its matte effect.
Editor: I just saw this on Slassy.com for Rs.239. I just placed my order! Talk of anything matte and I’m sold.