Maybelline Lip polish Glam 13 Review and Swatches
As a kid I never liked polishing my shoes..super waste of time when you could just rub your shoes over your socks while waiting in the line for uniform inspection in the morning assembly. Yes never polished my shoes in 14 years! I was never a disciplined girl! Well that habit has taken a big turn since these days I’m all into polishing..my lips! With these new Maybelline Lip Polishes I can keep polishing my lips all day if you ask me. Today I’m reviewing the shade Glam 13 from the Colorsensational Lip Polish range. Btw when it got launched I couldn’t find any beauty blogger reviews online and later realized these go as Color Elixir Lip Balms in the west. Anyhoo let’s start with the reviews and swatches.
Maybelline Claims: A TRIO of CONCENTRATES:
- Potent Color Extracts: Pure saturated color pigments that provide deep intense color like a lipstick.
- Concentrated Liquid Balm: Moisturizing Liquid Conditioning Balm gets the lips ready for Intensely Rich color. Gives a soft Cushiony feel & care to the lips.
- Glossy Shine Serum: Built-in glossy top-coat, that makes lips look fuller & more luscious.
- Specially designed Leaf-shaped applicator which makes application quick & precise. You can read more
Glam 13 is a warm nude shade with very fine shimmer. Infact the shimmer is only visible when you zoom in the swatches. The shade is very versatile. I wear it on its own for a neutral no makeup look. Sometimes I wear it over my neon lipsticks to subtle them down and make them more wearable during the day. Its a great option to pair with smokey eye makeup too.
The pigmentation is really good. On lips it gets muted but still manages to cover my lip pigmentation (see the lip swatches below)
The consistency is thick..almost like a liquid lipstick. Well Maybelline claims that its a trio of lipgloss, lip balm and lipstick and I cannot disagree. Its so rare that a product lives upto it claims..you almost want to give it a kiss for being so honest!
Being so thick it stays for a long long time. I have worn it for 6 hours with a meal and a long nap and it survived both! And it keeps your lips hydrated and moisturized so its a great lipgloss to wear in winters.
I quite like the creative packaging..the lip polish tube looks like a lipstick bullet at the base. And the wand is a sponge applicator which is quite different from the ones I’m used to but makes application very easy.
Swatches of Glam 13 in natural light
And this is how it looks on me
My FOTD with just Glam 13 and kohl. To show you it works without a smokey eye as well
Pros of Maybelline Lip polish Glam 13:
- The warm nude shade which I totally love. It doesn’t wash me out even without any eye makeup and would suit all Indian skin tones.
- The lasting power is close to 6 hours which is very rare in lip glosses.
- It keeps the lips hydrated and moisturized.
- The pigmentation is good and covers my pigmented lips.
Cons of Maybelline Lip polish Glam 13:
- Coming from a brand which churns out budget makeup every other month, this definitely feels expensive.
VNA Rating: 4.5/5
So is it for you? Maybelline Colorsensational Lip polish Glam 13 is a good nude shade for Indian skin tones. It stays on for around 6 hours on my lips with meals and drinks, thats super great for a lip gloss. The texture is thick like a liquid lipstick and the applicator makes the application a breeze. And its so hydrating and moisturizing that you won’t need a lip balm even in the winters. Overall I super love this lip polish and highly recommend it.
Have you used Maybelline Lip polish Glam 13? Share your experience in the comments.Product sent by the brand for consideration