Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Light Creme Review
By Contributor: Agnirupa
Yoo-hoo today is skincare day. Yeahh no lip thingy, no foundation nothing! You all must have seen lakme launching a spiffing new perfect radiance range which includes a brand new polishing serum (yes I got it!) this whitening light creme which I am gonna review today and the earlier products from Perfect Radiance got revamped as well. I didn’t even know about these and was pretty surprised when my regular shop lady called me to ask if I don’t want the new lakme skin care launches! I rushed that day only and had to try 2-3 from the range.. its summer already. We all need brightening stuff (not whitening dear lakme). So after about 2 weeks of use, here goes my cream review.
Lakme Claims: Lakmé Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening™ Light Crème consists of Bio Hydrators that work towards replenishing the skin’s moisture; while the Luminizing Vitamins lighten your complexion from within.
The revolutionary Lakmé Perfect Radiance Polishing Serum and Light Crème works in 3 effective steps:
1. The luminizing vitamins make your skin more even and radiant and insta-collagen TM boosters tighten skin
2. Light Reflecting Pearls highlights your skins texture and creates an irresistible sheen
3. The final touch is a silky smooth, polished skin finish This 3 way action gives you that high definition polished look with a glow, and makes your skin luminous and smooth in texture to keep you ramp ready always.
The outer carton is a very big one done up in pink and white accords and looks extremely nice. The jar too is lovely translucent pink, sturdy with a silver screw cap which is quite safe to carry around in your bag as well but will be a bit clumsy as its quite large.
The texture is absolutely dreamy light pink in color. I have rarely come across such a beautifully whipped almost foam-like crème..it resembles delightfully mac light crème and has a lovely cooling effect as well. It applies smoothly, in a lovely way spreads evenly and my face instantly drank it up. Loovvvee it.
I have a oily-combination skin and summer mein toh pucho hi mat. I have enough oil to fry a shoal of fish but surprisingly this crème did not make my skin oilier than usual, nor did it control oiliness of course! My skin absorbed it super fast and instantly become a tad glowing, smooth and supple. Since it does not have sun protection (booooo) I mostly come back home, wash my face and smooth this on. It feels oh so lovely and fluffy..really loved the after effect! As for lasting effects I haven’t seen anything revolutionary but my skin does appear calmer, clearer so am pretty happy.
There is a mild flowery fragrance of this entire range which is present here as well and fades within a few minutes of application.
Swatch in natural light on my skin
The pros of Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Creme:
- A lovely sturdy translucent pink jar makes a lovely packaging for me but for its size
- The texture is ligghhttt,fluffy, dreamy,,lovely and gets absorbed in an instant
- It does provide an instant brightening effect on my face and instantly calms my sun inflamed skin
- Did not make my skin oilier and just disappeared
- Did make my skin clearer over 2 weeks of use
- Light flowery fragrance which is not cloying/overwhelming.
The cons of Lakme Whitening Light Creme:
- No radical lightening/whitening as claimed!
Price: Rs. 275
VNA Rating: 3.5/5
Do I recommend? Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Light Creme for lightening/whitening? Then no! Wondering why I sang loud praises and rated it as mediocre? Just because most ladies will want to buy it for its claims and truthfully It showed no radical changes on my skin at least except a temporary brightening! But all the same I loovvee it for its soothing cooling light fluffy non-oily formula and love applying it after I come back from work to cool down my skin. Hope you guys liked my skincare product review as well. Till next time hang on to your brightening creams while I just whoosh back.