Review, Swatches and Price of Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25 in shade 01 Ivory Fair
By Contributor: Dimple
Today is my first ever post on any beauty blog, and I am super excited to do it on VNA. Before I start my review and swatches, I want to tell you all that I have super sensitive oily skin, with tendency to get pimples from every other product. It’s kind of funny that I read reviews for whole month to find super duper good foundations, I read read read & read oh god why it’s hard to find one good foundation in budget and yes then I run out of time, because where I live don’t have malls, big shops. Then I went out and got lakme absolute foundation called White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25. The shade I have is Ivory Fair. It’s good that lakme is available almost everywhere but wait this baby don’t even have ingredient list, stupid but it’s been my life saver throughout my brother’s marriage.
Lakme claims: It’s an ultra-light, water-based, oil free foundation which leaves skin visibly fairer with complete skin coverage for 16 hours & Vitamin B3 & SPF 25 protects skin from harmful rays which leaves skin vibrant.
Available shades: Ivory Fair (01), Golden medium (02), Beige Honey (03)
It comes in a black metallic look plastic bottle with pump which is kind of catchy to eyes. I like pump very much because it give perfect amount of product for one use, so no wastage.
It blends really well if your skin is properly moisturised but if not it definitely looks a little bit cakey maybe cause it is really oil free but that’s a point for me because of my oily skin and yes everyone it doesn’t break me out so it really rocks for me. As for coverage it gives medium coverage for 8-9 hrs and lasts for 12-13hrs with touch ups.
I have Ivory fair shade in the lakme foundation which is slightly lighter then my actual skin tone which actually sets really well after proper blending but it creates a little bit problem for flash photography, believe me I was photographed almost a 100 times with this on. All in all it’s a good budget foundation for day to day usage with medium coverage, and 25 spf is a big of this foundation.
Swatches in natural light
Pros of Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover with Spf 25:
- Great foundation for Rs. 700, but its price is raised as my sister-in law bought it for Rs.625 in Delhi last year.
- Good coverage for almost 11-12 hr with touch ups.
- Attractive packaging.
- Perfect pump which give proper amount for one use.
- Oil free.
- Cream based foundation which blends superbly.
- SPF 25 prevents us from putting an extra layer of sunscreen in hurry.
- Now this one is my favourite..IT DOSEN’T BREAK ME OUT.
- Last one, cute little bottle is really travel friendly.
Cons of Lakme Absolute White Intense Foundation:
- Not a see through bottle, so you have no idea how much is left.
- It’s not for flash photography.
- Three shades only.
- No ingredients list, not even on the official Lakme website, which is a huge no for some people.
Price: Rs.700 for 15ml
VNA Rating: 4/5
Conclusion: Yes I definitely keep it on side for day to day usage because it never breaks me out, being oil free and spf 50 earn it a huge .
- Foundations for Dry Skin in India
- Lakme Face Magic Skin Tints Souffle
- Colorbar Perfect Match BB Cream
- Coloressence HD High Definition Foundation
- NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid
- Colorbar Full Cover Makeup Stick SPF 30
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable
- Oriflame The One Illuskin Foundation
- L’Oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder
- Chambor Sheer Delight Ultra Matt