Glutathione Pills and Injections For Skin Whitening: Usage, Side Effects
If you ever searched why fairness creams or whitening products never work as promised, then you must have come across numerous research articles written on this new antioxidant called Glutathione. Glutathione, the wonder chemical, used for skin whitening purposes, has hit the beauty industry with full throttle. But mostly Glutathione pills are popular among women. It available in the form of soaps, pills, creams and lotions and promises to show instantaneous results in reducing the melanin in skin. Results, which are appealing to most of the Indians and South East Asians: Instant Fairness. But, with all the hoopla around it, does it really worth it? Is it safe? Does it make sense to buy a 50 mg bottle of pills for approximately Rs. 1000?
The advance range of cosmetic and skin treatments like botox, laser, liposuction, etc. hit the market in a big way after 2001, when Bollywood and Ekta Kapoor redefined new parameters for beauty and appearance. Looking like a fairy was as important as breathing. The beauty industry in India took a new leap of faith, and, instead of looking beautiful, becoming fair and beautiful became the aim to be chased by every woman worth her lip gloss.
Collagen injections, Botox & Liposuction remove wrinkle and fat. Glutathione, peels the skin, thereby whitening it, giving it a new look. Sounds interesting? I did go through laser treatment a few years ago to remove unwanted facial hair, and it worked wonders. But, I decided not to push the envelope any further. Now, with the craze of Glutathione for skin brightening catching up well with all the beauty experts and high end beauty salons, let us see whether it is really a guilt trip, a sin or a confidence booster.
- Just to give you an idea, Botox is used for removing wrinkles by paralyzing face!
- Liposuction is used to remove excess fat
- Laser is safest, and is a like welding, which destroys the hair follicles, thereby arresting the growth of hair (I have gone through so many sittings you know)
- Collagen injections help in firming the sagging skin.
Glutathione is a craze for lightening skin upto 3-4 shades in oriental countries like Japan and Korea. They have some of the best cosmetics on planet, and Glutathione is supposed to be extremely safe for skin whitening purposes. Let us now shake hands with Glutathione and see whether it is a friend or a foe.
What Is Glutathione?
- Glutathione is an anti oxidant and is abundantly available in nature. It is found in plants, animals and many bacteria.
- It is an anti oxidant and by the virtue of this quality, it immediately reduces the damage caused by reactive Oxygen.
- Glutathione is manufactured inside human body by using Amino Acids naturally so it is not considered an essential nutrient.
- Artificially, it is made in labs using Glutamic Acid, Glycine and Cysteine.
Glutathione is found in most of the ‘ten foods you must eat’ kind of fruits and vegetables. Tomatoes, Avocadoes, Oranges, Papaya, Spinach and Walnuts are a rich source of Glutathione. But don’t get me wrong. It is not the case that these food items start working towards fairness the minute they enter your body. Eating these food items does not guarantee fair and white complexion.
How To Use Glutathione For Skin Whitening?
It is available in the form of skin whitening supplements in pills, capsules, injections, soaps, lotions and creams. Soaps, lotions, creams and pills are available online in India. For injections, you need to do a little research and look for a Dermatologist.
Min 500mg per day to see some good results in terms of skin whitening and brightening. And double your vitamin c intake with it. There are a lot of glutathione supplement brands available in India. Do your research, read reviews and then buy the pills.
Price of Glutathione Pills?
Loads of money. Sometimes 5000 inr for a 250g bottle of these skin whitening pills.
How Glutathione Pills Whiten Your Skin?
- It is a great anti oxidant, hence removes the toxins really well.
- Glutathione lightens and brightens the skin tone
- Induces a glow and improves the texture
- Glutathione reduces skin pigmentation, age spots, blemishes, ulcers, dark circles, freckles etc.
- No more pimples and wrinkles
It is not that simple. These effects of Glutathione are created on a temporary basis, and once you discontinue the intake, the skin complexion will eventually go back to its original tone.
Glutathione Pills or Natural Sources?
Amino Acids manufacturing Glutathione have far better things to do in life apart from making our skin fairer. When taken orally in a natural form, Glutathione will ensure that your skin remains healthy, bright and plump but in a longer run, it has got nothing to do with fairness. You have to inject the Glutathione whitening supplements, and injections are the most effective way to achieve skin fairness.
What are the Benefits of Glutathione?
Most of the major Researchers across the world concluded one thing that patients of major diseases like AIDS, Cancer, Liver Damage, Hemorrhage, Cyst and Ulcer formation, Diabetes, ADHD and Parkinson’s, did not have ample Glutathione in their body.
Since it is an anti oxidant and fights radicals well, Glutathione is definitely a sought after nutrient in cosmetic as well as medical sciences. However, excess of any nutrient has not helped anyone and Glutathione is no exception.
Side Effects of Glutathione?
- It can cause allergies and rashes. Now, the excess amount of Glutathione has to be flushed out in some way or the other, and rashes will weed out the excess heat produced by sur Glutathione.
- Hydroquinone, used in most of the skin whitening products along with G, is carcinaceous. In fact, it has been banned in most of the countries.
- Skin cancer is a byproduct if we interfere in the normal functioning of skin, which precisely what Glutathione injections do. This disruption can also lead to a hormonal imbalance.
- Few women have often complained of Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness and Indigestion while using beauty products laced with Glutathione.
- Last but not the least, Liver and Kidney damage cannot be avoided if these pills/injections react adversely.
Does it Really Work?
Now as I mentioned earlier, it is an anti oxidant and helps in cleaning the facial muscles, toning them well, giving fairer and whiter skin, imparting brightness and glow, removing blemishes effectively, you can try using the pills or injections once, only after expert advice. Sure shot fast results have been noticed, and beyond doubt, Glutathione works like magic on your magic. It is like a rebirth. So Glutathione does work in achieving instant skin whitening.
What will dissuade me from using this is the fact that the effects will be back to zero once I discontinue the usage. Even, I have taken injections, I will be advised to eat a pill every day, to maintain the effect of the injection, which might lead to excess deposition of Glutathione, thereby making me vulnerable to many diseases.
As a temporary fix, it can be considered for quick lightening results. To avoid all the complications, try using these skin whitening supplements for three months and discontinue the usage. Two-Three months of Glutathione will boost your immunity as well. Do consult your Dermatologist before doing so.
I have always been looking for a permanent solution for my beauty challenges. Be it an everlasting lip gloss or eye liner, or a night cream which will not force me to apply it every night, but, alas, my journey is far from over.
When I looked at glutathione pills, and the price tag, I thought that my wait is over. This is one antioxidant which will fulfill my desire of flawless and bright glowing skin. However, the only sore point for me is that I have to enter that vicious cycle of using and re using Glutathione pills and injections forever. I would not prefer that anyhow because after using Glutathione, if I use another product which is simpler or less effective, then the skin will not be as fair and bright.
I will use it once for sure though, and will then head straightaway to the Himalayas, so that the neatness and purity remains intact.
Image source: 1
- Remedies for Fair Skin
- Beauty Tips for Fair Skin
- Flower Face Packs for Fair Skin
- Protect your Fair Skin from Sun Damage