Today I’m comparing my 3 favourite MLBB lipsticks. Being a fan of such neutral shades, I end up buying similar shades all the time. Its really irritating when all your lipsticks look the same and you run out of choices. So here is a comparison on such 3 neutral colours which have been quite poplular on the blogosphere.
Lakme Satin Enrich 129: The colour is one of its kind. Its a warm muted peachy pink brown colour. I’m at a loss of explaining the shade. Let’s say its mixture of peach and pink with hints of brown.
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick ‘Bare’: Its truly an MLBB shade, more pink and less brown. A shade which really goes with the no makeup look. Nobody can tell you are wearing a lipstick when you wear it.
Maybelline Color sensational Lipstick ‘My Mahogany’: It is a universally flattering nudish light brown shade.
- The colour obviously. Its a beautiful peachy pinky neutral colour. Love!
- Pigmented after 2 swipes. Good for pigmented lips.
- Creamy and satin finish.
- Smells mildly of vanilla. Nothing over powering.
- The lasting power is roughly around 2 hours. Leaves no stain behind either.
- Old world packaging. Embarrassing to take out in the rest room!
- Average quality. Nothing good..but nothing bad either. Settles into lip lines.
- A great my-lips-but-better shade. Perfect for the ‘no makeup’ makeup.
- The finish is matte but is not drying. In-fact its a velvety matte, if that makes any sense!
- Glides on smoothly and easily.
- Goes opaque in a swipe. Good for pigmented lips.
- Lasts easily for 3-4 hours which is fantastic.
- Smells of coconut!
- Its the kind of shade you can wear to schools, colleges and gives a polished clean look to the lips.
- Its non-drying and very creamy.
- Glides on easily.
- Faint caramel smell but not over-powering.
- Lasts for around 2-3 hours and then fades away completely.
- Not pigmented enough to cover the discoloration on the lips. That makes it unfit for darker skin tones.
- Settles into lip lines.