Every girl has a Becky inside of her. But common sense prevails and we shove her into a deep corner..who wants a Derek Smith on her! We play smart and do that splurge vs save debate inside our head everytime we buy makeup or shoes (especially shoes). While you always gotta spend on shoes..you can save on makeup thanks to budget dupes available in the market for almost every iconic product. Think Naked. Think Orgasm. No please don’t go duping a Louis Vuitton but makeup dupes are quite acceptable. You can not only create a daily office or college makeup kit in just 5000 bucks but also take it from day to night. Yes people presenting to you the most in budget yet a giant sized makeup kit. Take out your pen and start making notes.
This post is part of my Elle Beauty Awards challenge btw. For round 2 the bloggers were asked to create a makeup kit under Rs.5000 and list down our reasons. The tough part was that we had to buy the products from Jabong so I had to limit myself to the brands available. The products I picked our all good and I will list down equally good but higher priced alternatives for each product below (if any).
4. Street Wear compact : Because girls always love cute packaging. And has a tiny mirror for touch ups on the go so you don’t need to carry one separately. Well the other unimportant reasons are it keeps oil at bay and gives a little coverage. (Read our list of favourite compacts)
5. Makeup London Iconic 1 Redemption Palette : Its a very close dupe of the iconic UD Naked palette. A mix of warm neutrals to create both day and night makeup looks. Suits our Indian skin to the T. And comes at a fraction of the price of UD. Wore just this palette on my cousin’s wedding functions.
7. Maybelline Hypersharp liner : Felt tip liquid liner which gives a better grip and control over ordinary liquid liner brushes. Also the cheapest pen eyeliner in the market.
8. Lakme Absolute mascara : the brush separates the lashes and also thin enough to reach the inner corners and lower lashes. (Read our list of favourite mascaras)
9. Maybellune Lumi Concealer : Dupe of the famous YSl touche eclat. One of the first brightening concealers in India. Savior on monday mornings to hide those tired eyes. Review soon.
10. Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush Fresh Coral : Very aptly named. A fresh coral pink to suit our warmer Indian skin. Can be used as an eyeshadow as well. Also the most flattering budget blush in India. Who needs Orgasm?! (Read our list of favourite pink blushes in India)
11. Lakme 9 to 5 lip balm Rose Affair: every girl needs a light tinted lip balm. (Read some other tinted lip balm reviews)
12. Maybelline Color Show Crazy Berry nail paint: Enough has been said about them already. This gorgeous deep plum is perfect for fall. Also brightens up our tanned hands and feet. (Tip : always go darker with your nails if you want to brighten up your hands)
13. Lakme Satin Enrich lipstick 148 : a beautiful rose pink for everyday wear. Serves as a MLBB shade for our pigmented lips.
14. Street Wear Pink Passion lipstick : A bright blue based pink to brighten up your face. Perfect for a day out with your girlies. And those who love colour on their lips. (Wore this and a lot of you asked about the shade so will review soon)
15. Street Wear Smokey Brown lipgloss : a nice nude gloss for the boardroom. Nude lipsticks can look flat but you cant go wrong with a neutral gloss. (Read our list of favourite nude brown lipglosses)
Okay here is a funny thing. I was so busy with the wedding preps that almost forgot to send my entry for the challenge. I suddenly remembered it in between the haldi ceremony. So I quickly escaped to a corner, sneaked out my phone and starting jotting down my post. Everybody else thought I was deep deep involved in pooja!
If you like the makeup kit I put together (or even if you didn’t..I don’t know!) you gotta vote for me for the coveted Elle Blogger of the Year Award. Just click and click on the heart next to my picture in all the three rounds. I am not putting up round 3 pictures because none of them came out bright and right on that gloomy day but you can see the cover makeup look I created there.
PS – I still had Rs.18 left from the Rs.5000 limit!